It’s that time of year again.
The Dental Advisor has given out their 2016 Product Awards, and we wanted to share some of their top picks with you. Perhaps you’ll find you were already ahead of the product curve or you’ll discover a new office favorite!
- ParaPost Taper Lux – The ParaPost Taper Lux system offers an aesthetic alternative to metal posts, without sacrificing strength. The rounded design of the post head reduces stress and locks in composite material. And a high concentration of fibers mean a higher radiopacity. ParaPost Taper Lux comes in four standard diameters (4.5, 5, 5.5, and 6) that have proven adequate for clinical encounters.
- Sani-Soak Ultra – this anti-corrosive, enzymatic cleaner can be used in multiple ways—either as a pre-soak or ultrasonic cleaner. It is non-toxic (a plus for many dental offices!) and is designed to extend the life of dental instruments including burs.
- Tetric Evoceram – A universal, nano-hybrid composite, Tetric Evoceram received a 96% clinical rating. Ease of finishing, quality of final polish, and final aesthetics of this product were all rated excellent. By taking advantage of nano-technology, it offers better polishing and lower shrinkage than other composites and has 19 radiopaque shades.
- CaviWipes – These surface wipes have long been a favorite disinfecting wipe in the dental industry and that favor is backed by their 2016 Dental Advisor Preferred Product Award. CaviWipes stay wet, are nonwoven and nonabrasive, and effectively disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces.
- Bib-Eze – This is a perfect product for both patient and dental professional. It is made of an elasticized fiber that is not cold on the patient’s neck and is disposable, meaning your office won’t need to sterilize bib chains to avoid cross-contamination.
- Venus Pearl – Another nano-hybrid composite that the Dental Advisor loves for 2016, Venus Pearl takes the best of the Venus line and builds upon it. It has a softer consistency that especially lends itself to detailed work because of its excellent sculptability. Available in both syringe and PLT, Pearl has 27 shades, including a pink shade for gingival areas.